Shrimp Etouffee
from Aunt Joyce
4 Servings
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup chilli sauce (I dump in the whole 12 ounce bottle)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I chop the whole onion and toss it in)
1/4 cup chopped celery (I chop two sticks)
2 pounds shrimp, shelled, deveined and seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne
1/4 cup dry white wine (or pink or whatever..it cooks out)..I guess you could sub water.
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbsp minced shallot (I usually never have these to put in)
Freshly cooked rice
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chilli sauce, onion and celery and saute until vegetables are tender. Add shrimp and wine and saute until shrimp loses its transparency, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and shallot. Serve immediately over rice.
****I usually always go the Giant buy the shrimp already cooked and shelled..come home pull off the tails...lay them out on a plate, season with S&P and cayenne
***I also loved this served with penne pasta.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment