Spaghetti Pie
from Aunt Jane
Cook one pound of spaghetti.
Drain and put in a greased 13x9 baking dish. (see note below)
Put slices from one package of provolone cheese (6-8 slices) over spaghetti.
Spread a one pound package of shredded mozzarella cheese over the provolone.
Brown one pound of ground beef (I use the same pot I cooked the spaghetti in to minimize mess) leaving a little chunky. You can add a clove or two of minced garlic as you brown beef if desired. Drain off fat.
Add a 32 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce to beef.
Pour beef mixture over top of the casserole. You can push down into the sides if it starts to spill over.
Cover loosely with foil.
Bake until hot. If baking right away bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If made ahead of time and refrigerated you may need to increase baking time to 45-60 minute. Bake until heated through.
Note: I changed the recipe slightly at this point. I add a few table spoons of the spaghetti sauce and a handful of the mozzarella into the spaghetti and toss it to mix it throughout then continue with step 4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment